What’s in it for you?
Early admission to a tuition-free MSc or PhD programs
Who can Participate?
- Depends on the program: Russian or English
Benefits to olympiad participants
- Supercomputer Centre
- Science park and business incubator
- Modern sports complex
- University Accommodation Complex (consists of 23 Dormitories)
- One of the largest libraries in St. Petersburg
- International Student Campus
- SPbPU Student club and students communities
- University camps in St.Petersburg suburbs
- A health center for the University and an outpatients clinic for students
- QS World University Rankings 401
- QS Subject Area, Engineering & Technology 191
- QS Subject, Engineering – Electrical & Electronic 301-350
- QS Subject, Engineering – Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing 201-250
- QS Subject, Computer Science & Information Systems 301-350
- QS Subject Area, Natural Sciences 308
- QS Subject, Physics & Astronomy 251-300
- QS Subject, Civil and Structural 151-200
- QS Subject, Economics and Econometrics 401-450
- QS Stars Rating System: Online learning – 5 stars
- QS BRICS 56
- QS EECA 41
- 153 position in QS number of international students
- THE World University Rankings 301-350
- University Impact Ranking 37
- THE Best universities in Europe 239
- 4th Position in Russia
- THE BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 72
- THE Engineering Sciences TOP-150
- THE Physical Sciences TOP-125
- THE Computer Science TOP-175
- THE Business & Economics TOP-300
- THE Life Sciences TOP-500
- Best Global Universities in Russia 4
- U.S. Subject Rankings, Physics 95
- Great city for sightseeing
- In the list of TOP 10 QS Most Affordable Cities for Students
- Exciting cultural and social life
- Picturesque surroundings and suburbs to go for a day
- Cosmopolitan and safe city
- Magic White Nights in summer
Your chance for early admission to a tuition-free Master’s programme at one of the leading universities in Russia
I came from Uganda. While studying at Bachelor’s prodram in mechanical engineering in Polytech I saw a poster about the Olympiad, read more about it on the Internet, and realized that this was a pretty good chance! In my Master’s degree, I wanted to do something related to economics, because I work in this area. Therefore, I chose the «Digital Finance, Economics and Business Analytics» program.
The organizers of the Olympiad are great, they are ready for cooperation and open to communication. If you have any questions, they will answer you in detail. The Olympiad website is clear and easy to use. And there are many universities to choose from!
“Open Doors is a great opportunity for international students who want to study in Russia for free and enjoy the benefits of university variety.”
I came to Russia 5 years ago from Uzbekistan. I learned about the Olympiad here, at Polytechnic University. It is quite simple to take part in it: you need to apply through the website, attach your education certificate, fill out a questionnaire, and attach various diplomas, certificates, scientific publications, etc. In the second round, participants perform tasks on specialized subjects; examples of tasks are available on the website; one can be view them and practice.
I told all my friends and acquaintances about this Olympiad, and now even more people will learn about it through interviews. Of course, it’s a little scary to decide to participate. But why not give it a try? Example tasks are on the website of the Olympiad, it is very easy to prepare. This year, the organizers have added the possibility for postgraduate students to enter the Olympiad, as well as many new programs. So you can enter almost any specialty and area of studies.
“Participation in the Open Doors Olympiad is absolutely cool!”
I came to Russia from Latvia in 2015. Since my early childhood I wanted to become a design engineer. Here, at the Institute of Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Transport, my dream has gradually began to come true. I study in the area of Design and technological support of machine-building industries, I study automotive technology. At first it was not easy to study in the Bachelor’s degree program, but now, in the Master’s degree program, it is much easier.
I started thinking about the Master’s degree program right after completing my Bachelor’s degree program. Here, at Polytechnic University, I was told about the Open Doors Olympiad for foreign students. And once again I thought, why not? What will I lose if I try? And I decided to take this chance too. Participation in the Olympiad is definitely worth it. Trying is not torture: as I said, you have nothing to lose if you try.
“If there is a chance, it must be used!”
I believe I made the right choice, entering Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University. My first four years before the getting my bachelor's degree passed very quickly. After graduating with honors and winning a grant for further education I started my master’s degree.
Kazakhstan (PhD “Economics”)
This is a good University. I love studying here because there are good teachers who teach well. I like the teaching method that our teachers use. They help us learn Russian faster. I met a lot of good friends here.